Back to Museums & Historical Sites

Originally built in 1828 by the grandson of Andrew Ellicott, one of the founders of Ellicott City, Mt. Ida was sold to Judge John Snowden Tyson and his wife, Rachel in 1836 then remained in the Tyson family until their daughter, Ida, died. It was sold in 1930 to Mr. and Mrs. Louis T. Clark, who lived there until 1959. Slated to be torn down and replaced with modern office buildings, the plans were delayed for years until the Miller Land Co. bought and restored Mt. Ida. It is now home for the administrative offices of both Historic Ellicott City, Inc. and the Friends of the Patapsco Female Institute.

2017 Tour Dates
11am–3pm

  • June 25
  • July 9
  • Aug. 13
  • Sept. 10
  • Oct. 8
  • Nov. 12

Admission is $4.00 for adults, $2.00 for students. Children under 12 admitted FREE.
Tickets purchased at the door.