8328 Court Avenue Ellicott City, MD 21043
FOURTH SATURDAY OF EVERY MONTH (MARCH – NOVEMBER) AT 11:00AM-1:30PM: “WALK THIS WAY” 2019 HISTORIC ELLICOTT CITY WALKING TOUR
Put on your most comfortable walking shoes and step back in time with the Howard County Historical Society to discover the intriguing stories behind the iconic landmarks of this nearly 250-year-old mill town.
- The tour begins in the parking lot of the Mount Ida mansion at 3691 Sarahs Lane
- The tour will take you on a journey that follows in the footsteps of Ellicott City’s founding fathers, visionary educators, railroaders, merchants, lawyers, millworkers, firefighters, police officers, slaves, prisoners, ministers and more.
Please keep in mind that this guided tour covers roughly three-quarters of a mile over hills and some rougher terrain so remember to bring your stamina as well as your passion for history!
Custom tours are available for with 6 or more people. Please call 410-480-3250 to arrange.
Free parking is available near the Mount Ida mansion at the top of the hill north of the courthouse.
- HCHS Members, Seniors, Military, and Children 6-12 are $11 per person
- All other Non-Members are $14 per person
- Tickets must be purchased by 5:00pm the day before the tour
- Refund Policy: We unfortunately do not offer refunds, however, since our tours run on a regular basis, we are happy to schedule you for another date and time. You will need to register in advance of the tour. Please call 410-480-3250 to arrange a new date.
Tickets are only available online. For more information, contact HCHS at 410-480-3250 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
** Tours may be rescheduled due to low attendance or inclement weather