Position: Program Assistant
Reports to: Executive Director
Salary/Wages: $30,000/year, Exempt
Level: Entry Level Position
Ellicott City Partnership (ECP) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization located in Ellicott City, Maryland. ECP’s mission is to preserve the heritage and vitality of Historic Ellicott City while enhancing and creating economic growth. ECP is a member of the National Main Street program.
Position Summary – The Program Assistant supports the day-to-day operations of the office in an organized and efficient manner. They will be tasked with assisting the executive director with planning and executing events.
Schedule – This is a 32 hour per week, exempt position. Some evenings and weekends are required. Regular schedule: Tuesday-Friday; Event Schedule: Wednesday-Saturday.
Range of Duties:
- Provides administrative support by: greeting guests and handling in person/phone inquiries, retrieving and sorting mail, maintaining files and providing assistance with written and email correspondence
- Provides assistance and management of Main Street committees and Board of Directors as directed by the Executive Director
- Provides support for events including soliciting competitive bids, assembly of required permits and coordination of event logistics
- Assists the Executive Director to organize music, entertainment, promote events and fundraising efforts
- Assists with recruiting, training, and organizing volunteers
- Assists with special projects
- Represents ECP at meetings when Executive Director is not available
- Drafts correspondence, documents, forms, reports, press releases, and related items, as necessary.
- Creates and maintains membership databases and reports
- Collects and provides news for newsletters
- Prepares and manages budgets for programs and activities
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma/GED required, preferred associates degree
- Minimum 1 year of clerical experience (associate degree acceptable alternative)
- Ability to work independently
- Demonstrated experience delivering, supporting, and building multiple projects with positive outcomes for participants
- An innovative thinker with strong initiative and demonstrated flexibility in the workplace
- Excellent communication skills—oral, written, and public speaking
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, Subject: Program Assistant
- 16 days Paid Time Off; the equivalent of 4 weeks; Can be used for vacation, sick leave, or personal use.
- Eight paid holidays, and two floating holidays